Orangutan Tour specialist
How to get here
Posting date : 2018-01-13 03:47:05 | author : syam
Kalimantan is the Indonesian part of the island of Borneo, the 3rd largest island in the world. The Indonesian part covers some 580.000 km2 (225.000 sq mi), the vast area is home to only 12 million people, so most of the provinces, especially the interior is very sparsely populated, and the vast rain forests here is some of the most bio-diverse areas in the world.
1. Banjarmasin is the oldest in in Kalimantan as the capital city of south Kalimantan famous with its floating market, diamond mines & polishing, loksado trekking and bamboo rafting, swamp buffalo and trekking in jungle to meet the dayak community.
2. Palangkaraya is the capital city of Central kalimantan where this biggest area of Kalimantan has 2 orangutan rehabilitation in Nyaru menteng and Tanjung puting national park, many tourist and valunteer came to this area to see the orangutan as the endimic animal in kalimantan beside other endimic likes proboscis monkey, anggang birds, etc.
3. Balikpapan is famous as oil city and historical tourism destination where in this province there were the oldest hindu kingdom in kalimantan namely in Kutai kertanegara also this province is wellknown with the beautiful under sea panoramic such in Berau area.
4. Pontianak is the hongkong van indonesia is the place where we can see the inhabited and cultured influenced by chinese culture, Singkawang is the most population of chinese there.
5. Tarakan is the new province of North Kalimantan was formed in 2012, This new province was carved out from the province of East Kalimantan.
Floara & Fauna :
The Borneo rainforest is 130 million years old, making it one of the oldest rainforests in the world and 70 million years older than the Amazon rainforest. Borneo is very rich in biodiversity compared to many other areas. There are about 15,000 species of flowering plants with 3,000 species of trees, 221 species of mammals and 420 species of birds. Subject to mass deforestation, the remaining Borneo rainforest is one of the only remaining natural habitat for the endangered Bornean Orangutan. It is also an important refuge for many endemic forest species, as the Asian Elephant, the Sumatran Rhinoceros, the Bornean Clouded Leopard, and the Dayak Fruit Bat.
Kalimantan has a tropical climate with the average temperature ranging between 23 and 31°C. The island has a high annual precipitation, around 300 mm per year, with a light rainy season between March and May, and a more intense one between November and January. Precipitation levels are however considerably lower than many other neighboring parts of Indonesia.
Reach by plane :
1. Sepinggan International Airport (IATA: BPN) near Balikpapan is the primary airport on the Indonesian side, and fields flights from Kuala Lumpur (Air Asia) and Singapore (Silk Air) as well as many Indonesian cities, but there are no direct flights from the tourist hub in Bali.
2. Syamsudin Noor Airport (IATA: BDJ) is a regional airport located in South Kalimantan, has a good connection to major cities in Indonesia (Jakarta (Soekarno-Hatta), Surabaya, Yogyakarta, Denpasar/Bali, Makassar, Balikpapan, Pontianak).
3. By land transportation likes bus and private car can be easly found in this area with public bis like Yessoe travel with their all new unit handle route Banjarmasin to Pangkalanbun, Palangkaraya, sampit. In the city can be found many online taxi and ojek likes Go-Jek, Go-Car, Grab and local online taxi, just download and install their aplication.
4. If there will be need a river transportation such as to floating market and explore the kumai river to visit the orangutan camp can be contact us to prepare it as you need we will arrange it.
Passport & visa :
Passport and visa will be required during your check in in the hotel, airport and object destination to apply visa on arrival can be done in the main gate international like in jakarta even if using Garuda indonesia they give visa on the fly.
Local people does speak english well they use local language Banjar, Dayak, Java, Sulawesi. English only for student and employee in a company especially tourism school. For your convienence better take a guide service or by tour packages in legal agent. Legal guide website : http://www.wubtourguide.com, it can show you the professional tourist guide who has experience to handle private and group tourist in Kalimantan and with the negotiable fee exactly.
People here using Rupiah (Rp) as their currency and dollar / euro was traded in Bank or money exchange, so before you came it better change your money in a legal money changer or bank at the big city after you arrive because in small city there was no money changer or bank available. And always check the convertion rate of the rupiah to your currency. Some time in a certain city like in Banjarmasin if you do not want to find the money changer the guide some times work as the changer so it is will make you easely to change your money.
Posting date : 2018-01-13 04:16:20 | author : syam
Black orchid is the special orchid in Kalimantan that it had been protected from the extinction and it can be found only in east kalimantan, but other similar orchid that we called with jungle orchid can be found every where in the rainforest and in every province in kalimantan, usually this packages is combined with visiting the dayak community so visitor can be interacted with them, to visit the park you can join with our program that combining the trips with visiting the dayak longhouse and their community.
the program itinerary like this :
Day 01 : Airport in Balikpapan - Loa Janan - Mahakam (D)
Upon your arrival at Sepinggan airport in Balikapapan, meet and greet with the guide then transfer with air conditioned private car to Loajanan, On arrival at loajanan then proceed to cruise on the Mahakam river in Kutai regency. Dinner and overnight an the boat.
Day 02 : Muara Muntai - Jantur - Mancong (B, L, D)
Arriving at Muara Muntai village in the morning then after breakfast sight seeing at the village to meet the local people to observe their daily activities. then proceed to Jempang lake as the home of Dayak benuaq by using motorized canoe, a wellcome ceremony will be held by the cheaf of the Dayak with the tradional dayak dances lunch will be provided enroute. At this place we can see the Grand long house of Dayak benuaq with their totem poles in front of the longhouse. Afternoon return to Muara muntai where on the way back along the Ohong river we will see the monkeys, birds and snake if we are lucky, arriving at the houseboat and cruise up the river to Melak, Dinner and breakfast on the boat.
Day 03 : Melak - Eheng - Kersik luwai - Gemuruh (B, L, D)
Estimated morning will arrive in Melak, short sightseeing at local market then by car drive to Eheng village to see the long house of Dayak Tunjung Benuaq where the local people still living together in one big long house with more that hundred people and they are still made their traditional handcraft as like rattan basket and statue. Afterwards proceed to drive to Kersik luway to observe the Nature of BLACK ORCHID forest. Return to the haouseboat for lunch and afternoon entering the small river to visit gemuruh by passing the rain forest. Late afternoon return to houseboat and cruise down the river for Tenggarong, meals provided on boat.
Day 03 : Tenggarong - Balikpapan - Airport
At the morning arrive at tenggarong after breakfast visiting the Mulawarman Museum to see the Sultan's kutai kertanegara collections and see the oldest Kingdom in Indonesia history. Afterwards drive back to Balikpapan with air conditioned private car and directly to Sepinggan airport for your next destination. Tour end
What will you need on this tour :
1. raincoat and jacket
2. mosquito refellant
3. trekking shoes or sandal
4. knife and medicines
** for more information email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore indonesia with many island surely need a local transportation especially with planes because the island sourrounded by ocean from west to east, there are many low budget and pioneer flight to reach the main object such as lion air, Citilink, Kalstar, Trigana air
For your convienence during your trips in Kalimantan even indonesia we provide hotel reservation that you also can be done with us we inform your the newest hotel available in our area and also some promotion that might be applied at the certain time by
By searching on the site we offer the 24 hours service, everytime you need our assist the information will be on your email instantly our staff always monitor email and request form in our site so no limitation time for working our except the website's
For our client with limited budget who want to travel to Orangutan from the main gate city in Banjarmasin we offer the service for public bus where you can taket it to reach the park, just with the air condition bus takes about 16 hours